GP Care for Children Under 6
This is a message to all our parents with children who are less than 6 yrs old.
We are happy to announce that all patients under the age of 6 are now entitled to a medical card and free GP care. The commencement date for the registration process for new/previously private patients is Monday, 15th June.
How parents can register their children for this free scheme:
If your child already has a medical card
If you child already has a medical card then you do not have to do anything further to register for this scheme. Your child will continue to hold his/her medical card with their current GP.
If your child does not currently have a medical card
If your child does not currently have a medial card you can register with the HSE on line by following the steps below. If you do not have internet access then please contact us directly here at The Medical Centre Kenmare and your GP will provide you with more information. We will give you a registration form to be completed and sent to the HSE by post.
On Line Registration with the HSE
On Line Registration - Required Information
For On Line Registration, you will need the following information before you login.
- Child's name, address, date of birth and PPS number.
- Parent/Guardian details, including name, address, phone number, PPS number and email address.
- Choice of General Practitioner.
If your child is under 2 months old, you do not have to provide the child's PPS number during registration; you will be given a 6 month window to obtain this number and supply it to the HSE.
You can register your child with a new Medical Card for the following practices:
- Drs. Rory O'Driscoll, Bernadette O'Driscoll and Aideen Russel
- Drs. Hilda Crushell and Rose Crushell
- Dr. Maria Quille
On Line Registration - How to Register
To start the registration process you should follow the steps below:
- Go to this website www.gpvisitcard.ie
- Make sure you have all the required information ready and click the 'Get Started' button.
- Follow the steps and the website will guide you through the registration process.
Further information is available from The Medical Centre Kenmare or from the HSE directly on the LoCall number 1890 252 919.